The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. With a view to January, however, there is a lot of gossip about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea tries again for Joško Gvardiol . from RB Leipzig
After failing to secure a deal for the RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol this summer, Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Chelsea will make another attempt for the 20-year-old in the winter transfer window, as shared by Bild’s Christian Falk.
The Blues reportedly offered up to €90 million for the Croatia international, who instead signed a one-year extension to remain in Germany. However, Gvardiol is being tipped to become the first signing of Graham Potter, who replaced Thomas Tuchel at the helm on Thursday.
Chelsea has already acquired the services of Kalidou Koulibaly and Wesley Fofana in central defense this summer. Still, West London will approach the central defender again in January, begging him to reconsider a move to the Premier League. The young defender, who made 29 Bundesliga appearances last season, could have a long-term future at Stamford Bridge, with Thiago Silva turns 38 this month.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)
Manchester United and Chelsea compete for Wolves’ recruiter Matthew Hobbs, writes Football Insider. The head of scouting and recruiting has been with Molineux since 2015, but has only been in his current position for eight months. Still, the two sides, who are spending the most of the Premier League’s transfer window this summer, are reportedly looking to move Hobbs away from the West Midlands side within the next few weeks.
– Raul de Tomas is still seeking an exit from Espanyol, and the 27-year-old is in negotiations with United Arab Emirates-based Sharjah, as revealed by relevant. The striker has been linked with multiple European teams this summer as he looks for a way out of the RCDE Stadium ahead of the January transfer window. The Spanish international would participate Miralem Pjanic in swapping LaLiga for the UAE Pro League this week.
– Roma renew their interest in Sassuolo’s Davide Frattesia in January, according to Calciomercato. The Giallorossis general manager Tiago Pinto has described the 22-year-old midfielder as his favorite player in Serie A as he plans a reunion with the former Roma Primavera star. The Italian club still has a 30% resale clause for the future sale of the Italian U21 international, but still failed to negotiate a deal with Neroverdi this summer.
– Australia International Tom Rogic could be set for a move to West Bromwich Albion, according to the Telegraph’s John Percy. The 29-year-old is a free agent after deciding to leave Celtic this summer after nine years, and the midfielder has scored 16 goals in 50 appearances for the Scottish Premiership Champions in his last season. Rogic is reportedly close to Steve Bruce’s side in the championship as he looks to secure a place in the Socceroos roster for the World Cup.
– Free agent Santiago Arias is ready to join Manchester United after leaving Atletico Madrid this summer, The Mirror reports. The 30-year-old full-back could be a welcome addition to Old Trafford, with Erik ten Hag reportedly hesitant to Aaron Wan-Bissakarather start Diogo Dalot at right back. The England international did not come off the bench in the defeat at Real Sociedad, with: Victor Lindelof used instead. The veteran Colombian international could be an ideal backup in this position, despite several injury issues.