Somewhere in a corner office of Paramount, executives put together their desperate plea to convince Tom Cruise to return for “Top Gun 3.” Indeed, that’s the only logical response to the truly wild success of ‘Top Gun: Maverick’, which has surpassed expectations, passed box office records and is still killing as recently as last weekend when it narrowly missed the number two spot. at the checkout despite being in his 12th week of release.
The Joseph Kosinski-directed film is a sequel to the 1986 classic “Top Gun,” a sequel to Cruise’s plucky pilot 30 years after his first foray. The top-notch cast includes the return of Cruise as Maverick and Val Kilmer as Iceman, along with new cast members such as Miles Teller, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Monica Barbaro and Jennifer Connelly. The action-packed nostalgic party was always destined to be a good time at the theater, but “Maverick” takes the potential of a legacy sequel to the next level. To everyone’s surprise (except, of course, Tom Cruise), “Top Gun: Maverick” is the biggest movie of the year by a significant margin. Not only is it a stunning theatrical experience, but it also seems to be immensely addictive.
Unless Cruise buys out all these theaters herself, chances are you’ve already seen Pete “Maverick” Mitchell return to the big screen. But if you haven’t seen the movie yet — or more likely, if you’re longing to see Cruise Mach 10 again — here’s some good news: Starting next week, you’ll be able to enjoy the need for speed from the comfort of your own. House. After a few rounds of victory around the box office, “Top Gun: Maverick” finally comes out on digital, DVD, and Blu-ray.
Find Top Gun: Maverick on Digital and DVD
“Top Gun: Maverick” will be released digitally from August 23, 2022. The physical release will follow, but not until November 1, 2022, when the film will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD.
The upcoming release will take fans deeper into the making of the film, with over 110 minutes of bonus content. Thanks to the press cycle, we’ve heard a lot of chatter about the intense training the actors went through before making their aerial shots – but now the bonus content will show us that preparation. Other additions include behind-the-scenes interviews with the filmmakers and a masterclass from Tom Cruise. Below you will find the details.
- Cleared For Take Off – Witness the most intense film training program as the cast prepares for filming as they pull multiple G’s in a fighter plane.
- Groundbreaking: Filming Top Gun: Maverick – Prepare to fly as you go behind the scenes with the cast and crew of Top Gun: Maverick on a journey to capture the most spectacular aerial footage ever!
- A Love Letter To Aviation – Tom Cruise shares his passion for aviation as he pilots his own plane, a vintage WWII P-51 Mustang that would have been the Top Gun aircraft of its time.
- Forging The Darkstar – Pushing the boundaries beyond Mach-10, the future of aviation is revealed through an impressive experimental aircraft designed specifically for the film.
- Masterclass with Tom Cruise (Cannes Film Festival) – Tom Cruise discusses his incredible career at the flagship event of the 75th Cannes Film Festival.
- “Hold My Hand” – The Lady Gaga Music Video
- “I Ain’t Worried” – The OneRepublic Music Video
- Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Teaser Trailer – Watch the official teaser trailer for Mission: Impossible sequel starring Tom Cruise.